CSCI 270 Course Description
- This site is built using the latest coding standards for HTML5 and CSS.
- This site is coded by hand with the BBEdit code editor. A WYSIWYG editor was not used.
- This site is manually managed on the Web server using Cyberduck FTP client.
- The favicon and logo are custom built using the Canva software.
- The portable font used for the text of the page is called Montserrat Alternatives and was downloaded from Google Fonts and is being displayed using a relative url in CSS. The font for the headers is being loaded from Google Fonts and is being displayed using an absolute url from the CDN and it is called Comfortaa.
- This site is using a normalizer style sheet that is used to render all HTML pages and make it consistent to other browsers in the default styles of HTML elements.
- This site is using Server-Side Includes implemented with PHP so that all my pages have a common header and footer.
I am currently pursuing a DMD minor at LFC.
Courses I have taken for the DMD minor are:
- CSCI 107: Introduction to Web Programming
- Art 142: Digital Design Foundations
- COMM 212: Visual Rhetoric
Courses I intend to take for the DMD minor are:
- CSCI 270: Web Development
- Art 130: Elements of Design
- Art 253: Graphic and Digital Design
My name is Kayla Roman-Flores and I am a Junior at Lake Forest College. I am a Communication major and have a double minor in DMD and CS. My goals with DMD is to hopefully become a web developer some day. It is something I have loved since I first learned HTML in my Junior year of high school.